Thursday, October 19, 2006

Intro #3

I'm Gerald So, Fiction Editor for The Thrilling Detective Web Site, moderator of DetecToday, and fan of verbal economy.

I've been into crime fiction since 1993, getting hooked on Gregory Mcdonald's Fletch and Robert B. Parker's Spenser, but the first writer to show me what words could do was J.D. Salinger. I've also enjoyed the works of Raymond Carver, Grace Paley, Amy Hempel, and William Trevor.

I like that a short story doesn't allow much physical space, yet allows more room for experimentation than a novel. I'm excited to be a part of Nasty. Brutish. Short. because I always need more to read.

1 comment:

Steve Hockensmith said...

I'm glad to see someone's picking up this ball again. Mystery/crime short fiction rarely gets the spotlight...hell, most of the time it's not even allowed up on stage. Smart thinking to bring a whole team in to do the reviews, too -- seems like poor Bob Tinsley burned himself out trying to crank out reviews nearly every day. Pace yourselves!

-Steve